DR SRINATH KAMINENI (BSc., MD, FRCS-Gen, FRCS-Ortho)
Our service is designed to provide the highest quality of clinical care for patients with Shoulder and Elbow musculoskeletal problems. This website is for patients to better understand their condition, options, and rehabilitation; residents / students / physical therapists/associated professionals to reference.
To book an appointment with Dr Kamineni please call 859-257-1000 or toll free 800-333-8874 or use the online portal at https://ukhealthcare.uky.edu/doctors/srinath-kamineni
Dr Srinath Kamineni
After qualifying from the University of Wales College of Medicine, I completed basic surgical training in Oxford and Cambridge, and completed my orthopaedic residency in London, England, (University College London and Royal National Orthopaedic Hospital – Stanmore). I further specialized with a AO Shoulder Surgery fellowship with Professor Christian Gerber (Balgrist, Swizerland) and an Elbow Surgery fellowship with Professor Bernard Morrey, Professor Shawn O’Driscoll, and Professor Kai-Nan An (Mayo Clinic, USA).
I was appointed a Senior Clinical Lecturer (Assistant Professor) at Imperial College (London, England), and a Professor of Bioengineering at Brunel University (London, England). In 2006 I was awarded the Japanese Travelling Fellowship for the European Shoulder and Elbow Society. I returned to the USA in 2009, to the University of Kentucky, in order to develop a sub-specialisation in Elbow and Shoulder, and direct a programme of research into improving our understanding and management of pathologies that afflict these areas.
Shoulder, Elbow, Wrist
Conditions of the Shoulder and Elbow Treated:
- Arthritis of the Shoulder and Elbow (primary, post-traumatic, rheumatoid, infective etc)
- Sports injuries of shouder (instability, tendon ruptures, cartilage lesions)
- FAILED PREVIOUS SURGERIES AND COMPLEX CONDITIONS OF SHOULDER AND ELBOW
- Results of trauma (non-unions, malunions, and stiffness, infected joints, etc)
Procedures performed :
- Joint Replacement of Shoulder and Elbow
- (Primary + Revision. Expertise in Treating Surgeries that haven’t previously worked/ gone wrong)
- Arthroscopy (shoulder/elbow)
- Open surgery (shoulder/elbow/wrist – replacement/fracture fixation/revision surgery)
- Release (open and arthroscopic) of Stiff joints
- Stabilization of unstable shoulder and elbow joints
- Ultrasound guided treatment of tendinopathies, eg. tennis elbow, calcific shoulder tendinitis, etc.
1) Post-traumatic arthritis and stiffness
2) Novel Methodologies for Surgical Training
3) Tennis related arm biomechanics + patho-physiology
4) Cost efficient methodologies in healthcare
5) Strategies for failed surgeries