- Tie and secure a theraband or equivalent elastic band around a firm fixed anchor (this example is around a door knob)
- Back away from the anchor point until the band is tight
- Keep the elbow firmly tucked into the side of the body
- Move the hand from belly to as far as possible away from body
- Step 1 – perform this rotatory motion quickly and repetitively for 10 seconds and repeat 10 times.
- Step 2 – Increase the time of each exercise to 1 minute over the first 2 weeks
- Perform these exercises twice per day (morning and evening) followed by ice pack application to the shoulder for 30 minutes after each session